The English test has three components: Reading, Writing, and speaking. Your ability to speak English will be determined by a USCIS Officer during your eligibility interview on Form N-400, Application for Naturalization.
For the Reading portion, USCIS officer will ask you to read up to three sentences. You Must read at least one out of three sentences correctly to demonstrate your ability to read.
Once you read one of three sentences correctly, the USCIS Officer will stop administering the reading test. You can not be failed because of your accent when speaking English.
Bill of Rights
Father of Our Country
Sample Writing Sentences
- Abraham Lincoln freed the slaves.
- Alaska is the largest U.S. state.
- Citizens can vote.
- George Washington was the first president.
- Lincoln was the President during the Civil War.
- The President lives in the White House.
- The President of the United States is elected by the people.
- The White House is in Washington D.C.
- There are 100 senators in the US Senate.
- Washington is on the dollar bill.